This statement outlines DTEC Fabrications’ procedures for collecting, storing and processing personal data. Personal data means data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from the data or from other information from that data, in order to comply with the Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018.
This statement covers all the principles under the DPA. These are known as
the ‘data protection principles’ and ensures information is:
– Used fairly and lawfully.
– Used for limited, specifically stated purposes.
– Used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
– Kept for no longer than necessary.
– Kept safe and secure.
– Not transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) without adequate
Contact details of the person responsible for taking the lead on compliance:
– DTEC Fabrications,www.dtecfabs.com is responsible for personal data, information on procedures dealing with both internal and external access requests and how the information collection is used.
What is meant by informational privacy:
– The ability of a person to control, edit, manage and delete information about themselves and to decide how and to what extent such information is communicated to others. Intrusion can come in the form of collection of excessive personal information, disclosure of personal information without consent and misuse of such information. It can include the collection of information through the surveillance or monitoring of how people act in public on private spaces and through the monitoring of communications whether by post, phone or online and extends to monitoring the records of sender and recipients as well as the content of messages.
Why I need the information I hold about an individual:
– I need to request and store your details in order to administer and deliver the service you have requested, and to comply with any legal or professional body responsibilities that ensue in the delivering of that service.
What I am going to use it for:
– To make contact with you, to record the relevant personal contact details you give consent for me to hold, and to record session notes. To send invoices where appropriate.